I applied my heart to know, to search and seek out wisdom and the reason of things…
– Ecclesiastes 7:25
Still in continuation of our meditation on purpose, let us further consider some sublime thoughts on purpose and related matters from James Allen’s classic, As A Man Thinketh:
– Only by much searching and mining are gold and diamonds obtained, and man can find every truth connected with his being, if he will dig deep into the mine of his soul.
– Man is buffeted by circumstances as long as he believes himself to be the creature of outside conditions, but when he realizes that he is a creative power, and that he may command the hidden soil and seeds of his being; he then becomes the rightful master of himself.
– Circumstance does not make the man; it reveals him to himself.
– Until thought is linked with purpose there is no intelligent achievement.
– Aimlessness is a vice.
– They who have no central purpose in their life fall an easy prey to petty worries, fears, and self-pityings…which lead…to failure, unhappiness, and loss.
– To put away aimlessness and weakness and t
o begin to think with purpose is to enter the ranks of those strong ones who recognize failure as one of the pathways to attainment. Who make all conditions serve them, and who think strongly, attempt fearlessly, and accomplish masterfully.
– Purpose, energy, power to do, and all strong thoughts cease when doubt and fear creep in.
– He who has conquered doubt and fear has conquered failure.
– Thought allied fearlessly to purpose becomes a creative force. He who knows this is ready to become something higher and stronger…He who does this has become the conscious and intelligent wielder of his mental powers.
You will succeed in Jesus Name!