Top 10 Reasons To Believe In The Christian Faith
1. The Credibility of Its Founder: Peter spoke for Jesus’ closest followers when he said, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. We believe and know that You are the Holy One of God.” (John 6:68-69)
2. Reliability of Its Book: The integrity of this historical and geographical record is supported by archaeology. The Bible continues to speak not only with spiritual power but with convincing prophetic accuracy.
3. Explanations for Life: It is the Christian faith that reflects a caring attention to detail so evident in the species and ecosystems of the natural world. It is Christ who clothed himself in our humanity to feel what we feel and then to suffer and die in our place.
4. Its Continuity with the Past: The Christian faith offers continuity with our deepest ancestral roots. Those who trust Christ are accepting the same Creator and Lord worshipped by Adam, Abraham, and Solomon.
5. Its Foundational Claim: The first Christians were witnesses. They risked their lives to tell the World that with their own eyes they had seen an innocent man die and then miraculously walk among them three days later.
6. Its Power to Change Lives: Not only were the first disciples dramatically changed but so were their worst enemies. Paul was transformed from a killer of Christians into one of their chief advocates (Galatians 1:11-24).
7. Its Analysis of Human Nature: The Bible says that society’s real problems are problems of the heart. In an age of information and technology, failures of character have scandalized institutions of the family, religion, and the arts.
8. Its View of Human Achievement: Generation after generation has hoped for the best. We have conceived technologies that will deliver us from the oppressive slavery of work. Yet we are as close as ever to what the New Testament describes as the end times. (Matthew 24:5-31).
9. Its Impact on Society: From rooftops to necklaces to earrings, we see the sign of the cross, bearing visible witness to Christ’s death. Social relief agencies have been fuelled by the direct or residual values of the Bible.
10. Its Offer of Salvation: No other faith offers everlasting life as a gift to those who trust the One who has overcome death for them. No other system offers the assurance of forgiveness and adoption into the family of God.
– Author Unknown
Meditation: Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. – John 14:6
You will succeed in Jesus Name!