The Marriage Beatitudes
1. Blessed are the husband and wife who continue to be affectionate, considerate, and loving after the wedding bells have ceased ringing.
2. Blessed are the husband and wife who are as polite and courteous to one another as they are to their friends.
3. Blessed are they who have a sense of humour, this attribute will make their marriage much brighter.
4. Blessed are they who love their mates more than any other person in the world, and who joyfully fulfil their marriage vows with a lifetime of fidelity and mutual helpfulness to each other.
5. Blessed are they who remember to thank God for their food before they partake of it, and who set aside some time each day for reading the Bible and for prayer.
6. Blessed are they who attain parenthood, for children are a heritage of the Lord.
7. Blessed are those mates who never speak loudly to each other and who make their home a place “where seldom is heard a discouraging word.”
8. Blessed are the husband and wife who can work out their problems of adjustment without interference from relatives or friends.
9. Blessed is the couple that has worked out a complete understanding about financial matters and has a perfect partnership.
10. Blessed are the husband and wife who humbly dedicate their lives and their home to Christ, and who practice the teachings of Christ in their home by being unselfish, loyal and loving.
“A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.” – Mignon McLaughlin
Meditation: And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. – Ephesians 4:32
You will succeed in Jesus Name!