10 Rules for a Blessed Day
1. TODAY I WILL NOT STRIKE BACK
If someone is rude, if someone is impatient, if someone is unkind, I will not respond in a like manner.
2. TODAY I WILL ASK GOD TO BLESS MY ‘ENEMY’
If I come across someone who treats me harshly or unfairly, I will quietly ask God to bless that individual. I understand “enemy” could be a family member, neighbour, co-worker or stranger.
3. TODAY I WILL BE CAREFUL ABOUT WHAT I SAY
I will carefully choose and guard my words being certain that I do not spread gossip.
4. TODAY I WILL GO THE EXTRA MILE
I will find ways to help share the burden of another person.
5. TODAY I WILL FORGIVE . . .
I will forgive any hurts or injuries that come my way.
6. TODAY I WILL DO SOMETHING KIND FOR SOMEONE, (BUT I WILL DO IT IN SECRET)
I will reach out anonymously and bless the life of another.
7. TODAY I WILL TREAT OTHERS THE WAY I WISH TO BE TREATED
I will practice the golden rule. “Do Unto others as I would have them do unto me” – with EVERYONE I encounter.
8. TODAY I WILL RAISE THE SPIRITS OF SOMEONE WHO IS DISCOURAGED
My smile, my words, my expression of support, can make the difference to someone who is wrestling with life.
9. TODAY I WILL NURTURE MY BODY
I will eat less. I will eat only healthy foods. I will thank God for my body.
10. TODAY I WILL GROW SPIRITUALLY
I will spend a little more time in prayer today. I will begin reading something spiritual or inspirational; I will find a quiet place (at some point during this day) and listen to God’s voice.
We learn three principles about loving our neighbour: (1) lack of love is often easy to justify, even though it is never right; (2) our neighbour is anyone of any race, creed, or social background who is in need; and (3) love means acting to meet the person’s needs. Wherever you live, there are needy people close by. There is no good reason for refusing to help.
Remember, today is a gift from God so treat it preciously.
Meditation: He answered: ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ – Luke 10:27
You will succeed in Jesus Name!