I applied my heart to know, to search and seek out wisdom and the reason of things…
– Ecclesiastes 7:25
In continuation of our meditation on Purpose, here are additional facts about purpose:
2. It is always people-centred: God-given purpose is usually focused on people. A purpose that is worth its name is premised on service to others in various ways, rather than pursuing own interest. In the equation of purpose, the self is usually non-existent. It is all about people; what you can do to serve them, help them, better them, encourage them, etc.
3. It has nothing to do with family background or standing in the society: everyone, old and young, noble and lowly born, clergy and laity are released on earth with a specific mandate. A purpose is not only for the rich, nor is it the sole prerogative of the poor or the idle.
4. It helps you to set your priorities in life: knowing your purpose will help you to determine what is really important, as against what is not. This will, therefore, help you to know the degree of importance you accord various activities based on their value returns in relation to your purpose.
5. It is your destiny: purpose is what is popularly called destiny. It is your assignment on earth. It is your mission. It is your essence. The extent of your fulfilling it is how much you have fulfilled destiny.
6. It helps you to make use of time: knowing your purpose in life is a major factor in helping you to manage your time more productively. A conscious acceptance and pursuit of your purpose will help you know what to spend more time on and, in contrast, what will constitute a waste or less productive use of your time.
7. God will require an account of stewardship from you on it: because nobody created or apportioned life assignment for him/herself, but God; He naturally would expect an account of how you fulfill the mandate He commissioned you to execute, which is your purpose. The extent of your success at it will determine how many crowns you are given.
You will succeed in Jesus Name!