We are in serious need of revival, spiritual rebirth and earnest returning to God when we are guilty of any or all of the following:
1. When we do not love Him as we once did.
2. When earthly interests and occupations are more important to us than eternal ones.
3. When we would rather watch TV and read secular books and magazines than read the Bible and pray.
4. When we have little or no desire for prayer.
5. When we would rather make money than give money.
6. When our Christianity is joyless and passionless.
7. When we know truth in our heads that we are not practicing in our lives.
8. When we make little effort to witness to the lost.
9. When we have time for sports, recreation, and entertainment, but not for Bible study and prayer.
10. When we do not tremble at the Word of God.
11. When we seldom think thoughts of eternity.
12. When we are more concerned about our jobs and careers than about the Kingdom of Christ and the salvation of the lost.
13. When Christian husbands and wives are not praying together.
14. When our children are growing up to adopt worldly values, secular philosophies, and ungodly lifestyles.
15. When we watch things on TV and movies that we would not show in church.
16. When our prayers lack fervency.
17. When our hearts are cold and our eyes are dry.
18. When our singing is half-hearted and our worship lifeless.
19. When we aren’t seeing regular evidence of the supernatural power of God.
20. When we are bored with worship.
21. When we are more concerned about what others think about us than what God thinks about us.
22. When we are making little or no difference in the secular world around us.
23. When we are unmoved by the thought of our neighbours, business associates, and acquaintances going to hell.
24. When we have ceased to weep and mourn and grieve over our sin.
25. When we aren’t exercising faith and believing God for the impossible.
26. When the fire has gone out in our hearts, our marriages and our church.
27. When we are blind to the extent of our need and don’t think we need revival.
If any of these indicators applies to you, then you need to talk to God right away to take you back to your first love in Christ. Don’t just do a half-hearted, mouthed prayer, but an intense and sincere heart-to-heart communion with your Father. He listens and He answers.
— Author Unknown
Meditation: “I know your works, your labor, your patience, and that you cannot bear those who are evil…Nevertheless, I have this against you, that you have left your first love. Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent and do the first works, or else I will come to you quickly and remove your lampstand from its place—unless you repent.” – Revelation 2:2-5
You will succeed in Jesus Name!